Explain the various military and diplomatic responses to international developments over time.
Explain the causes and effects of the Vietnam War.
Word of the Day
- Define it
- Who has hegemony over your home?
- Where in the world is the U.S. a hegemonic power?
Foreign Policy CCOT
Analyze the motivations and effects of American foreign policy in terms of what changed during the time period 1865 to 1965 and what remained the same.
- Do you have an obligation to your country?
- Does the draft make the responsibilities of war more impactful?
- Does a draft make for better citizens?
- An academic debate is not about who is right and who is wrong
- Each side prepares an opening statement (the other side cannot interrupt) stating your claim and your reasons
- Each side will alternate asking one question and giving one answer to that question (the other side cannot interrupt or ask a follow-up question) until all questions have been asked
- Members of one side may not talk amongst themselves while the other team is asking or answering a question
- Nobody speaks twice until everybody speaks once
- Should the U.S. employ a military draft?
- Which side presented the best argument? Why?
- What is one thing you wish you had a chance to say that you didn't?